5 Reasons Now is the Time to Implement a Thought Leadership Program
Here we are in 2020 and you’re still on the fence about when you’ll get a thought leadership program going for your company’s key executive or spokesperson. It’s understandable as the projected benefits of a thought leadership campaign can be a bit nebulous at the outset. You probably know that—when done right—thought leadership can help with everything from SEO, to establishing credibility and authority, to business development, to providing useful information for partners and customers. However…
Trying to determine if you’re ready to take this step and get a program started that will make an impact can leave anyone a bit hesitant. That’s okay, but I’m here to tell you that now is the time to pull the trigger and get your thought leadership program off the ground. And here’s why.
- New Business – Every day you wait is one more day your name isn’t out there for prospective customers to find you. And we’re all looking for new business, right? Writing content focused on subjects your target customer demo is interested in gives you an excellent chance of catching their eye through a Google search of relevant search terms. If they find your article useful, there’s a great chance they will follow the (well placed) link back to your website and check you out.
- Create an Information Hub – Your website should be more than product pricing, glossy images and a contact form. In 2020, make it a goal to build out the resources available on your website to include useful tips and information for anyone who visits. This will provide your customers with an additional reason to visit the website and keep them around longer once they do. Regular updates and content additions will also help improve the Google page rank of your website.
- Establish a voice – Whether it be for your key spokespeople and executives or the company’s brand as a whole, thought leadership is an excellent tool for cultivating a distinctive voice in your space. An effective thought leadership program will allow a company to control the narrative on key industry subjects and promote their leaders (and the brand as a whole) as forward-thinking authorities in the industry.
- Awards, Speaking Opportunities and More – Have you ever submitted your company for an industry award? Or better yet, have you ever submitted one of your spokespeople to speak at a conference or other industry event? If so, you’ve undoubtedly come across questions pertaining to when, where and how often this spokesperson has been published. A well-placed thought leadership article serves as a currency of sorts for awards and organizational honors and conference speaking slots. If your expert has been published in key local, industry or national media outlets, it can be reasonably assumed that this person has been vetted and accepted as an authority in the field. Further, the content of these pieces can provide an excellent synopsis for your spokesperson’s thoughts on a specific topic.
- Sales Collateral – Particularly in the B2B space or for B2C organizations looking to build strategic partnerships, it can be powerful to have your sales team walk into a meeting with the latest edition of your industry’s most well known magazine featuring an article from your leadership. Published thought leadership coverage that your team can share with prospective partners and customers can serve as a critical piece of third party validation which can help lead to sales.
At Bastion Elevate, we’ve heard dozens of stories over the years about the way our thought leadership program has benefited the business of our executive thought leaders. Some have seen record highs in website traffic, others have secured coveted speaking engagements at industry events, while others have leaned on their thought leadership placements to drive sales. Whatever your goals are for growing your business, the right thought leadership program can help you get there. Media have never been more open to receiving well-written contributed content from industry experts so, if you’re thinking about a thought leadership program for your business, there is no time like the present!
5 Ways To Quickly Gain New Social Media Followers For Your Brand
#1 - Take Advantage of Influencer Marketing Brands formerly partnered with celebrities to promote product…
How to Build Strong One-to-One Media Relationships
Do you have media relationships in a specific geographical area or perhaps in a particular…
PR Trends for 2020 (and probably beyond)
[caption id="attachment_4495" align="aligncenter" width="900"] 2020 Public Relations Trends[/caption] Like almost everything, PR has changed and…
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
You've seen what we are about. Interested in hearing more how we can work together to grow your business or brand? Fill out this form and let us know more about you and we will jump on a call or email for next steps! Yes, it's that easy.